About the role
Product Managers at Shopify work with our customers, engineering, UX, data, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They create value for over 600,000 businesses in approximately 150 countries.
Shopify is a fast-moving and entrepreneurial place to work where you'll be collaborating with some talented folks. Your colleagues on the product team will be people who have founded companies, developed successful products from scratch, and have established track records of getting shit done.
As the Payments PM, you will lead our work on Shopify Payments and our suite of payment integrations. In this role, you would have the opportunity to expand Shopify Payments into new markets, currencies, industries, and payment types, reducing the barrier to commerce and increasing our merchants overall sales potential.
You'll need to:
- Have a few years of experience managing products. (It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading tech products. We’re looking for people who have recognized market opportunities and customer needs - and turned them into products that have delighted real customers.)
- Be genuinely excited about solving customer problems.
- Empathize with the customer and use data to inform product decisions.
- Default to action and help your team do the same.
- Be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one.
- Have great communication skills.
- Work well with stakeholders from multiple disciplines.
- Be a problem solver.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, external partners, and customers.
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Online Payments (Credit Cards and Alternative Payment Methods)
- Managing products through partnerships
- Commerce or retail
- Full-time entrepreneurship
- Running an e-commerce business
- Launching products in multiple countries
- Product growth and marketing
- Some of the following industries: UX and design, mobile, data analytics, accounting, banking, or corporate finance
Here's how to apply:
Shopify is a product company, and we like our application process to reflect that. If you want to help us take payments at Shopify to the next level, give the product a try by signing up for a free trial and setting up a store. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy. Just be creative, have fun, and see first hand what it is like to use the product.
Please include a link to your trial store in your application. We want to see something that shows us why you really want to work here!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.