About the role
Working at Shopify
Shopify is a fast, ambitious, and high-trust company that gives people and teams space to own their outcomes and product roadmaps. Our Store Management team enables merchants to carry out day to day tasks like adding new products, handling inventory, fulfilling orders and using Shopify to run their business. We provide insights to those merchants on their products and customers to let them maximize the impact of their store and free up time to focus on the things they really love doing. Almost all projects that touch multiple lines either work with, or are led by Store Management teams. We’ve got hundreds of developers, product managers, and user experience people who are simultaneously building products every day. A lot of this is driven through the personal relationships we have across groups, but we can do better.
Product Management at Shopify
Product Management at Shopify is a hands-on role. You’ll work with merchants and their customers to help identify problem areas that Shopify should solve. You’ll work with Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. Product Managers are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are passionate and entrepreneurial. They have founded their own companies, taken successful products to market, and established a track record of getting things done at scale.
Working with the Returns team
As a Product Manager for the Returns team your key responsibilities will involve:
- The “why?” Owning and advocating the long term product vision, strategy and direction for Returns.
- The “what?” Translating the big picture view into a prioritized roadmap and milestones.
- The “how?” Shipping features that matter to users in an effective and timely manner, engaging the entire Returns team actively through the product journey.
We're looking for someone who has:
- An entrepreneurial and inventive attitude: self-driven, curious, ambitious, autonomous, comfortable with ambiguity.
- The ability to communicate your vision, to persuade stakeholders of your decisions and to unify the returns team behind their purpose and vision.
- Experience acting as a leader - e.g. building empathy and high trust relationships across teams; working actively to identify and solve potential problems; removing obstacles to keep teams & leadership focused and effective
- Experience as a product manager and proven ability to build products with a cross-craft approach, alongside designers, developers, marketers, from idea to launch, in a fast paced and agile environment.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work, and we truly value your time. We look forward to reading your application.
Our Mobility team supports visas and relocation, so even if you are far away, consider applying!
Closing date: Thursday, May 21st at 5 pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.