About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 500,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We're looking for a Product Manager to work with and guide the team building Shopify's global shipping & fulfillment platform. Moving physical goods from one place to another is a complex business and changing fast. Our team has already vastly improved this space for our merchants and in 2018, we’ll continue to scale rapidly on a number of fronts. Our goal is to help merchants offer the best shipping and delivery experience to their buyers at all points of the shopping journey, propelling them to sell more, while increasingly saving time and money in the process.
Product Management at Shopify is a hands-on role. PMs here work with merchants and their customers, Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are a passionate and entrepreneurial group. They have founded their own companies, taken successful products to market and established track records of getting shit done at scale. Come join us to do your life's best work!
For this role you'll need to:
- Have a few years of experience managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading tech products. We’re looking for people who have recognized market opportunities and customer needs - and turned them into products that have delighted real users.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset. Rolling up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get shit done.
- Be genuinely excited about solving customer problems.
- Empathize with the user and use data to inform product decisions.
- Default to action and help your team do the same.
- Be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one.
- Have great communication skills.
- Work well with stakeholders from multiple disciplines.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, and customers
It would be great if you had experience:
- Founding and running your own company.
- Working with partners from both a product and business perspective.
- Domain experience with ecommerce in general -- ideally spanning some aspects of shipping, delivery, fulfillment, logistics, supply chain, etc.
Here's how to apply:
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply now" and we'll be in touch with you. Please make out your cover letter to Greg and let us know why you're interested in working at Shopify.