About the role
Shopify is an e-commerce platform with the mission to make commerce better for everyone. It currently powers over 800,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries. Shopify Plus powers some of the world’s largest and most innovative brands like Rebecca Minkoff, GE, KITH NYC, Budweiser, and Kylie Cosmetics. Shopify Plus provides high growth and high volume merchants an enterprise e-commerce solution without the traditional headaches.
At Shopify, we’re merchant obsessed, constantly looking for opportunities to help our merchants redefine commerce and raise the standard of how all businesses operate, market and sell their products and services. It’s why we’re actively investing in growing our Business-to-Business (B2B) eCommerce offering, so that merchants that sell to businesses will be able to leverage the power, ease-of-use, and customizability that they love about Shopify’s core technology.
As a Product Marketing Lead for B2B eCommerce, you’ll build and tell the story of why merchants choose Shopify for B2B/wholesale and ensure this narrative gets into the hands of those who need it most. You’ll work closely with best-in-their-field product, UX, marketing, and communications teams to inform product decisions and create marketing strategies that contribute to one of the biggest growth levers for our merchants and Shopify as a whole.
Your insight into the worlds of commerce and marketing, along with your deep empathy for our merchants, will help you tell the most compelling story about how Shopify’s B2B product can help merchants succeed.
- You’ll work collaboratively with product, UX and marketing teams to understand and communicate our product strategy
- You’ll conduct research into industries, customer insights, and product features to develop messaging and positioning for new and existing products
- You’ll work with marketing channel owners to bring your plans to life across different marketing channels and deliver campaign results
- You’ll direct marketing UX and channel teams as they deliver the go-to-market plan, and you’ll own the narrative in terms of both visual design and language
- You’ll architect short and long term go-to-market moments, connecting key narratives to product milestones
- You’ll determine the success metrics and work with data science to measure the impact of your programs
- You excel in the product marketing craft: positioning, messaging, go-to-market, and pricing
- You are an intellectually curious self-starter who is not afraid to ask questions and use answers to bring clarity and direction to your greater team
- You can synthesize complex product narratives into compelling stories for multiple audiences, and you understand how those stories might come to life on different marketing channels (social, blogs, webinars, etc.)
- You can compile and present market data and customer intelligence into decision-friendly information
- You love working cross-functionally across different teams, building and maintaining relationships across the organization to drive results
- You have 8+ years of experience in product marketing, marketing, or product management in technology companies
It would be a bonus if you have
- Previous experience marketing eCommerce software (and brownie points for experience in the worlds of B2B/wholesale eCommerce)
- Lived in the shoes of our merchants as an entrepreneur yourself, ideally in the B2B/wholesale space
Shopify is now permanently remote, and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet: https://www.shopify.com/about/environment#SustainabilityReports
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Creator PMM Lead (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Field Events Marketing Lead (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Lifecycle Marketing Program Lead - Indigenous Entrepreneurship (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Product Marketing Manager Lead, Checkout||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Senior Product Marketing Manager, Storefronts||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Merchant Education Lead (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Senior Lead, Corporate Communications||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Copy Editor (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Growth||Americas|
|Marketing Partnerships Manager (Remote, Americas)||Marketing and Growth||Americas|