About the role
The Product Operations Lead is responsible for building the structure that enables teams to build the right products at the right time while maintaining the balance between optimized processes and creating space for speed, agility and creativity. If you are deeply interested in enabling our people, our strategy, and our mission to enable merchants everywhere to exceed buyer delivery expectations, read on.
The day to day responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing robust practices to accelerate a highly dependent RnD and Network Operations team’s projects and decisions.
- Partnering with the Data Team to define and build tracking tools for both the product and in-market teams to define their roadmaps, objectives, and key results.
- Analyzing data and surfacing insights for leadership to understand where we’re making bets, how the projects are executed, how they’re performing, and where risks are starting to surface.
- Creating a system to manage the product lines multiple dependencies throughout the year as well as in preparation for investment planning.
- Collaborating with peers - e.g. product operations managers that are embedded with different segments at Shopify, to share tools and expertise that amplify the impact of product operations across the company.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Operations strategy and leadership experience in a high growth SaaS company or leading product-led technology organizations.
- Previous experience with the Product Management Life cycle and working with technical teams (Engineering, UX, Data).
- Experience acting as a leader - e.g. building empathy and high trust relationships across teams; working proactively to identify and solve potential problems; removing obstacles to keep teams & leadership focused and effective.
- The ability to create order out of chaos by asking tough questions, producing actionable insights and making recommendations to senior leadership that are appropriate for a given context.
- An ability to develop and iterate on minimum viable processes, and influence team behaviours to facilitate collaboration at scale without compromising on speed, trust, and flexibility.
- A natural talent for communication and driving change at scale via indirect leadership.
- A combination of technical and business acumen preferably gained in a tech environment.
- An entrepreneurial and resourceful mindset.
!! Don't stop there. KEEP READING. Important information is below!!
OK, are you excited to apply? Awesome. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. If you'd like to include a message to the recruiting team, please address it to Paul.
We also want you to answer a challenge question:
Have you led operations strategy in a high growth company before? Tell us about that. Make sure you let us know about the key challenges you faced and the solves you put in place to get shit done.
Feel free to answer that in the space on this application called "Message to the Hiring Manager" OR, you can include a separate attachment.
Finally, at Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We will close this posting at 11.59pm ET on Sunday, March 7