About the role
At Shopify, Pricing sits at the intersection of product and commercial and plays a critical role in our go-to-market strategy and product roadmap. As one of the highest context teams at Shopify, we are looking for someone that can maintain a growth mindset and demonstrate a high degree of resourcefulness. This will be crucial in order to develop the pricing and monetization strategies across our Merchant Services portfolio.
This role will work closely with product, sales, marketing, data, engineering, and finance teams to develop strategic pricing for both new and existing products. Your work will be highly visible to Shopify leadership and will fuel Shopify’s ability to make commerce better for everyone. Strong executive communication skills are a must.
A few priority products you could be working on:
- Shopify Shipping: Shipping solutions such as shipping labels and value-added integrations across domestic and international couriers. Your understanding of shipping carriers, labels, market dynamics, regulatory controls will all be important factors in determining to price and shipping a recommended go-to-market strategy.
- Enterprise and Large Merchant Pricing: Focused pricing of our largest merchants and upmarket monetization strategies. Ensuring our largest Plus merchants have the best commercial experience with Shopify and access to custom and bundled solutions that fit their needs. Explore additional contract and pricing options for unique business models and regions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience delivering Pricing and Go-to-Market recommendations (in product, marketing, finance, or consultancy roles)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information across a wide variety of sources and distill complexity for broader stakeholders.
- Excellent project management, stakeholder management, and communication skills.
- Preferred experience in cross-border commerce, customs & duties, or supply-chain/ logistics SaaS businesses.
- Experience working with internal and external partners on developing commercial agreements to ensure healthy product and partnership economics.
- Experience conducting market research and competitive benchmarking.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Thrive in a fast-moving environment; ability to pivot quickly as needed and support cross-functionally to get shit done.
- Partner with leaders in product, sales, marketing, data, engineering, and finance to develop strategic pricing initiatives that enable them to achieve their product and business objectives.
- Think strategically about the business and the competitive landscape to uncover pricing opportunities for new and existing products.
- Develop pricing recommendations, and execute through all phases of the go-to-market pricing cycle (from ideation to execution).
In your cover letter, please tell us why you are passionate about pricing and monetization.
Tell us about your google sheets or excel modelling skills
- I could write a book or teach an advanced class on one or both
- I’m solid. I use one or both of these just about every day
- I use a suite of analytical tools with excel and sheets being part of them, in addition to SQL, Python, and R
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Sales Enablement Learning Specialist (Remote, North America)||Business Operations||Americas|
|Operations Manager, Shopify Fulfillment Network (Non-remote, Carlisle, PA)||Business Operations||
Carlisle, United States
|Materials Planning Analyst, Shopify Fulfillment Network (Remote, Americas)||Business Operations||Canada|