About the role
The Developer Tools team at Shopify makes the experience for Shopify developers productive and enjoyable. We do this by removing local development pain points, making local development tools reliable and fast, and making the development process quick and simple. Really we aim to give our developers great tools to get their job done.
We need an experienced people manager to grow and lead this distributed team of four (and growing!) software engineers. We are looking for someone who has experience with development tools and automation at scale and who enjoys the challenge of making the Shopify development team more productive and efficient as it grows to thousands of developers.
Relevant experience for the role:
- Technical leadership and management experience
- The ability to create concrete and focused project plans
- Experience executing on complex, technical projects
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Experience building and passion for development tools
- Experience managing distributed teams
- Hands-on experience with any of: Ruby, Go, Git, Kubernetes
- Ability to hold your own with some amazing senses of humour
You'll be working on:
- Building a productive and engaged team
- Future direction for the team to continue to support Shopify as it scales
- Technical contributions to the team
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Lawrence is looking forward to reading your application.