About the role
At Shopify, we build products that help entrepreneurs around the world to start and grow their businesses. We’re the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans of slowing down!
Every day, development teams are building, deploying, and running applications on Shopify’s production platform. The Production Engineering team builds and maintains the critical infrastructure to ensure Shopify stays reliable, performant, and scalable for our 1000+ member development team to build on, and our 1,000,000+ merchants to depend on.
We need a Development Manager to help bring our Heroku-style self-service PaaS product to the next level.
Development Managers at Shopify help our development team members realize their true potential. As one of them, you will leverage your established technical know-how and commitment to individual growth to build high performance teams that will be successful in delivering world-class products. You will set and hold high standards on your teams and create conditions for each individual to be successful with short term and long term goals. You will strengthen relationships across the entire company and leverage these relationships as needed to unblock teams and deliver amazing products to users.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A proven track record of growing development teams and improving others
- A curiosity to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
What you'll work on:
- Building high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap item
- Work with product, UX and other disciplines to discover the best solutions for users
- Be a technical influencer across the company
- Grow the team both through internal development and helping with external hiring
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
Closing date: January 20th at 3pm ET
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering Manager, Production Foundations||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Apprentice Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Staff Developer, Checkout||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|