Program Marketer - Talent Development
Shopify’s Talent Development team is looking to expand awareness of, and increase engagement with, our ever-growing portfolio of training and coaching programs. We see our training programs as “products” and Shopify employees as our “clients”. With programs currently at different stages of development and serving different audiences, we want to target, engage, and retain Shopifolk to support our efforts to build and sustain a culture of learning.
In 2016, we focused on developing and launching new programs and growing our team. In 2017, we’re ready to scale and increase awareness of our offerings so that Shopifolk can take full advantage of the development opportunities at their disposal. We need someone who knows how to research, build, test, and launch campaigns so that we can provide the right learning opportunities to the right people at the right time. We see this role as a hybrid of a product marketer, copywriter, and magician. The successful candidate will develop a strong and consistent voice that is synonymous with our team brand within Shopify and aligns with Shopify’s culture.
- A master communicator. You understand how to use the various communication channels at your disposal.
- Known for your attention to detail and ability to produce polished, quality content.
- Extremely organized and process-oriented.
- Comfortable with technology and you adapt well to new tools.
- Skillful in whittling down a lot of information into key points.
- A grammar nerd. You have strong opinions about the semicolon and will happily consult with other team members on how to improve their content.
- Confident making decisions on your own.
- Creative and resourceful.
- A strategic thinker.
- Excited to work with all kinds of different people.
- Exceptional writing skills and strong listening skills.
- Experience with brand marketing and building campaigns.
- An interest in visual communications.
- A keen ability to design key messaging and choose the right medium for the message.
- A growth mindset, and you thrive on challenges.
- Create marketing campaigns.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficacy of marketing campaigns for TD-led programs.
- Build a glossary of terminology to carry across our programs to maintain a consistent voice and tone.
- Work with the Internal Communications team to stay current on company-wide guidelines and ensure that content aligns with company culture.
- Work closely with members of the TD team to understand the business goals of each program and build marketing strategies that align with individual program goals.
- Work with Program Managers and People Analytics to get valuable data on a program’s demographic.
- Have a good understanding of the programs at every stage of development.
- Write and update program-related content on our company’s intranet.
- Act as a researcher, looking for trends and helping the team make data-driven decisions.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. If you really want to stand out, attach or link to a piece of content you’ve written that you are proud of.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
We want to launch a program to help our managers level up their leadership skills, with offerings like feedback exercises, peer group sessions, workshops, curated articles, expert talks, and a full day launch event. The target demographic is “People Managers" with 3-6 months experience in the role. Some of the program offerings are only available to managers, but others are available to anyone in the company with an interest in leadership topics.
How would you design a marketing campaign that conveys the value proposition to the target demographic, while also increasing overall awareness of the program offerings that are available to anyone in the company? List the steps you would take.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Human Relations jobs are posted.
Your application has been submitted. We will be in touch. Also, we encourage all applicants to experiment with the product and start a store.