About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 800,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt the industry.
About the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN)
The Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) is a dispersed network of fulfillment centers, powered by machine learning that predicts the closest fulfillment centers and optimal inventory quantities to ensure fast, low cost delivery.
About this Role
This role will be primarily responsible for monitoring financial reconciliation, investigating discrepancies, and determining whether they are due to issues on our end, with shipping carriers or with our warehousing and logistics partners. It may also involve creating and running SQL reports, and working with Finance and our partners to reconcile cross-company discrepancies. Although the role does not require coding skills, you will work closely with our engineering team to help identify and fix sources of financial discrepancies in Shopify’s code.
We are looking for someone who thinks differently about problems, values systems thinking, and knows how to get shit done. You will work in a complex environment, and managing multiple stakeholders both internally and externally to Shopify. With great growth potential, this role has the potential to expand into a cross-project and general team program manager role over time. It’s a great opportunity to make a huge impact on the growing team!
You'll need to have;
- High attention to detail
- Inquisitive problem solver
- Strong systems and reporting skills (e.g. exceptional SQL and Excel skills)
- Great communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with and managing relationships with external partners
- Analytical experience
- Project management and organizational skills
- Experience updating and managing expectations with stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial mindset; you roll up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and balance jumping in to fix immediate issues with planning for the long term
You'll do things like
- Establish and maintain benchmarks for identifying and alerting of financial discrepancies between our local expected/calculated rates and partners' returned rates
- Internal database information and local calculations, including Creating SQL reports
- Rate re-calculations using your knowledge of carriers rating logic
- Communication with external parties to understand source rates and reconcile external calculations
- Follow up and conclude on discrepancies, working cross functionally to resolve the underlying reason for the discrepancies including:
- Coordinating with external parties to have issues on their end resolved
- Coordinating with the Shopify Shipping engineering team for any changes
- Report findings regularly, monitoring and tracking progress and providing suggestions and recommendations to continually improve our reconciliation
- Develop strong working relationships with your counterparts at external partners, leveraging these to effectively reconcile cross-company discrepancies
- Establish specifications and processes for working with carriers, identify risks and opportunities within these relationships.
It'd be also great if you had;
- Experience working in the shipping industry, specifically with carrier rates and rating logic
- A combination of technical and business acumen, preferably gained in a tech environment
- The ability to create order out of chaos by asking tough questions and working closely with other technical members on the team
- Natural ability to analyze metrics
- Be proactive and relentless: capable of seeking information independently, solving conceptual problems, and corralling resources and delivering results
- Ability to craft and implement light-weight processes that scale efficiently
- Ability to influence and improve current product operations
If you're interested, please send a CV, a link to your Linkedin profile and a cover letter addressed to Greg.
This posting will close at 2pm ET on Friday, October 18, 2019.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Order Management Specialist||Business Operations||Ottawa, Toronto|