About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform, with no plans to slow down.
Our Vilnius team is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer excited to build, grow and scale our product with us. We need the help of a dedicated, curious and versatile specialist with a passion for performance, and simplicity. Does this sound like you?
As a part of our Quality Assurance team, you'll not only work on improving the company’s products, but also on increasing the calibre over time. This is a long term vision founded on a number of practices — from encouraging individual ownership and deep learning, to congratulating team members when they’ve done a great job. We want to continue to build a talented team of Quality Assurance Engineers who will own their role, work hard to improve themselves and encourage others to do the same.
You'll be working on things like:
- Performing test scoping, estimation, preparation and execution for application enhancements and bug fixes
- Debugging, recording and managing defects throughout their lifecycle (JIRA)
- Analyzing requirements, documentation and providing constructive feedback with detailed test estimations
- Defining and implementing tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of QA inside of the Product team
- Liaising with product managers, UX designers and developers to accurately understand the systems and product effective execution plans
- Owning manual test activities on application services
- Authoring new and update existing automated end2end tests using TestCafe framework
- Contributing to maintain our internal test automation framework and providing regular feedback for continuous improvement
- Conducting team demos and learning sessions to ensure fluid collaboration and knowledge sharing within the QA and wider development squads
- Keeping a detailed eye on the feature development process and empowering our teams to adopt a QA mentality
You'll need to have:
- Experience with manual and automated testing tools
- Testing background in Web GUI
- Experience with API clients like POSTMAN, SOAPUI and JMeter
- Experience in automation with at least one scripting language
- Understanding of both SQL DB’s as well as NoSQL DB’s
- Experience in collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders whilst taking full ownership of all activities within your scope
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and commit to the team's schedules and goals
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Node.js test tool like TestCafe
- RESTful services, testing tools (Load / Penetration tests)
- Applying different testing types across Android and iOS clients
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Juste is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
Please note that this posting will close on February 24th, 2020 at 9am (EEST).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Backend Developer (PHP)||Engineering and Development||Vilnius, Lithuania|