About the role
Our team in Europe is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer excited to build, grow and scale our product with us. We need the help of a dedicated, curious and versatile specialist with a passion for performance, and simplicity. Does this sound like you?
As a part of our Quality Assurance team, you'll not only work on improving the company’s products, but also on increasing the calibre over time. This is a long term vision founded on a number of practices — from encouraging individual ownership and deep learning, to congratulating team members when they’ve done a great job. We want to continue to build a talented team of Quality Assurance Engineers who will own their role, work hard to improve themselves and encourage others to do the same.
You'll be working on things like:
- Performing test scoping, estimation, preparation and execution for application enhancements and bug fixes.
- Creating use cases that will drive both manual and automated tests.
- Processing test results, identifying and reporting bugs and feature improvements.
- Analyzing requirements documentation and providing constructive feedback with detailed test estimations.
- Defining and implementing tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of QA inside of the Product team.
- Liaising with product managers, UX designers and developers to accurately understand the systems and produce effective execution plans.
- Maintaining and expanding our automated testing infrastructure
Requirements for the role:
- Proficiency in Web and mobile applications testing.
- Familiarity with Git and Unix CLI.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and release management.
- Experience in collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders whilst taking full ownership of all activities within your scope.
- A passion and curiosity to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too.
- One of the test automation frameworks (TestCafe/Cypress.io/Protractor or others)
- API clients like POSTMAN, SOAPUI and JMeter
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Natalia is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet: https://www.shopify.com/about/environment#SustainabilityReports
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Remote, EMEA)||Engineering & Development||EMEA|
|Senior Software Engineer - Backend or Infrastructure (Remote, Europe)||Engineering & Development||EMEA|
|Senior Frontend Engineer - Mobile or Frontend Development (Remote, Europe)||Engineering & Development||EMEA|
|Lead/Staff Software Engineer – Mobile or Frontend Development (Remote, Europe)||Engineering & Development||EMEA|
|Lead/Staff Software Engineer - Backend or Infrastructure (Remote, Europe)||Engineering & Development||EMEA|