|Team||Engineering and Development|
About the role
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. While Berlin is our hub, this role is open to candidates in European time zones. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Our team in Europe is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer excited to build, grow and scale our product with us. We need the help of a dedicated, curious and versatile specialist with a passion for performance, and simplicity. Does this sound like you?
As a part of our Quality Assurance team, you'll not only work on improving the company’s products, but also on increasing the calibre over time. This is a long term vision founded on a number of practices — from encouraging individual ownership and deep learning, to congratulating team members when they’ve done a great job. We want to continue to build a talented team of Quality Assurance Engineers who will own their role, work hard to improve themselves and encourage others to do the same.
You'll be working on things like:
- Performing test scoping, estimation, preparation and execution for application enhancements and bug fixes
- Debugging, recording and managing defects throughout their lifecycle
- Analyzing requirements documentation and providing constructive feedback with detailed test estimations
- Defining and implementing tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of QA inside of the Product team
- Liaising with product managers, UX designers and developers to accurately understand the systems and produce effective execution plans
- Conducting team demos and learning sessions to ensure fluid collaboration and knowledge sharing within the QA and wider development squads
- Designing, creating, running and maintaining manual and/or automated functional and non-functional tests
- Contributing to maintain our internal test automation framework and providing regular feedback for continuous improvement
- Keeping a detailed eye on the feature development process and empowering our teams to adopt a QA mentality
Requirements for the role:
- Strong web-related technical skills (HTML, JS, Browser debugging)
- Experience with Git and Unix CLI
- Experience with API clients like POSTMAN, SOAPUI and JMeter
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, confident SQL knowledge
- Experience in collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders whilst taking full ownership of all activities within your scope
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and commit to the team's schedules and goals
- One of the test automation frameworks (TestCafe/Cypress or others)
- RESTful services, testing tools (Load / Penetration tests)
- Applying different testing types across Android and iOS clients
- Building and monitoring CI/CD pipelines (using TeamCity/Jenkins or other tools)
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Natalia is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, racialized people, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.