About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform, with no plans to slow down.
We’re looking for a React Native Developer with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code. We ship on quality instead of on time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We’re talking 1 million merchants, and hundreds of millions of requests a day. Our one million merchants (and counting!) will see your work within seconds – a humbling and incredibly rewarding responsibility.
Our growing Berlin team is focused on bringing our Retail software to Europe! With many of our merchants based in Europe, this is an exciting opportunity to solve problems and have an impact in localising our robust platform within EMEA. You will work closely with the software engineering team, designers and product managers to create, build and grow our platform.
The tools we use on a daily basis include: React and React Native using Typescript GraphQL, Swift and Kotlin.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain a cross-platform application built in React Native
- Collaborate with other disciplines across Engineering, UX, and Product Advocate for great UX
- Bridge current swift components with React Native counterparts and extend with tailored components where needed
- Write and maintain unit and integration tests
- Learn the latest React Native technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible
- Influence product decisions and designs
Relevant experience for the role:
- Working on diverse teams
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
- Doing performance optimizations on complex client-side applications
- Strong communication skills as you will be collaborating with various teams across Shopify offices
- Bonus! Swift / Kotlin experience is a nice to have but not necessary
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We look forward to reading your application.
Closing Date: April 3rd, 12:00pm GMT
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior UX Developer (Berlin)||Engineering and Development||Berlin, Germany|
|Mobile Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Waterloo, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Stockholm, Vilnius, Singapore, Remote|
|Software Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Waterloo, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Stockholm, Vilnius, Singapore, Remote|
|Engineering Lead (Berlin)||Engineering and Development||Berlin, Germany|
|Director of Engineering||Engineering and Development||Berlin, Germany|