Recruitment Vendor Specialist
Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo, Montreal
Shopify is built by outstanding people. Our goal is to find the best talent and build successful teams at Shopify and help us become the 100+ year company we aspire to be. The Talent Acquisition (TA) Team is involved in every stage of the hiring process, from writing job postings, reaching out to and assessing potential candidates, to making offers. We work to ensure that every candidate has a great experience with Shopify. We also provide interview training for internal hiring managers and run recruiting initiatives to increase the number of applicants and referrals who reflect diversity of thought.
Shopify has grown exponentially since its beginning in 2006. To support our rapid growth and multi-strategy approach to talent acquisition, we seek a well-rounded and people-focused vendor management specialist to own the procurement process of external recruitment partners to support TA at Shopify globally.
You'll get to do things like:
- Develop a strategy to identify and vet potential search partners across multiple functional and industry specializations in relevant global markets for Shopify
- Build internal relationships and processes to understand the overall talent acquisition capacity (expertise and bandwidth) and be able to offer external partner solutions
- Create a vendor evaluation scorecard that reflects the process and values of the talent acquisition function at Shopify, customizing it when necessary to meet evolving business needs
- Coordinate and meet potential search partners, ensuring a balance of creating a compelling value proposition of working with Shopify and assessing and understanding how a partner can meet our needs
- Partnering with our finance team to negotiate contract terms including fees across multiple vendors, optimizing the best value for Shopify
- Establish a comprehensive review process which includes both hiring manager(s) and external search partner(s) in order to determine how to improve partner relations and which partners we should continue with
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience of recruitment procurement or vendor management ideally in rapidly scaling complex organization
- A proficient understanding of talent acquisition processes in large companies and external talent acquisition ecosystem; perhaps bringing hands-on recruitment experience themselves
- Excellent people assessment skills - in candidates and potential partners - with the aim to build long-term symbiotic relationships with external search partners
- Experience developing strategies to identify and establish relationships with the best recruitment partners globally
- Proven experience building vendor evaluation scorecards that reflect the needs of unique and dynamic recruitment approaches
- Experience with contract management with strong attention to detail in order to optimize partnership opportunities
- Organized and skilled in project management with an ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- An unflappable drive and excitement for the challenge of building a new function in a dynamic work environment
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply Now" and we'll be in touch with you. Please make out your cover letter to Patrick and let us know why you're interested in working at Shopify.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Human Relations jobs are posted.