About the role
About Shopify Research
The Research team guides and informs the company towards designing and building better products through deep understanding of the needs and contexts of people who use Shopify. Researchers work with teams to incorporate people-centric thinking throughout the product development process, from problem definition to post-launch iteration. We ask thoughtful research questions, conduct contextual research, use a variety of methods, frame problems, synthesize insights, evaluate concepts or prototypes, and inform launches and releases. Working closely with other disciplines such as customer support and data, we also collaborate on broader internal initiatives to cultivate empathy for our users throughout Shopify.
Research Ops Manager
The Research team has scaled significantly in the last year. With 60 members and growing, we are a mix of UX Researchers and Market Researchers from a variety of backgrounds. As a Research Ops Manager, you’ll be a systems thinker who is excited to identify and implement strategies that will help the research team focus on making commerce better for everyone. You’ll be a thoughtful, energetic problem-solver who likes the challenge of working across an organization to facilitate change.
You might be working on:
- Identifying the biggest operational pain points for the research team today and moving quickly to make iterative improvements
- Understanding and simplifying high-impact operational challenges such as recruitment, knowledge management, and research tools
- Optimizing and improving our Research tools, infrastructure, governance strategies, programs, and workflows that support high quality processes, methods, and craft across our teams and offices
- Collaborating with Researchers to understand our processes and ops challenges and find ways to solve problems today and as we continue to grow
- Identifying opportunities to improve how we share Research insights internally and externally to maximize the impact and reach of our work
- Synchronizing operational efforts with other operations people that support other disciplines, product lines, and teams
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with leaders across Research and wider UX organization.
You'll need to have:
- Experience as a Recruitment Coordinator, Programs Manager, Librarian, Project Manager, Researcher, Research Lead, Research Manager or similar role
- Desire to solve problems by first gathering context and understanding
- Strong communication, facilitation, and organizational skills
- A learning mindset to always evaluate and adapt to solve problems in the best way
The right person will have:
- Build for the long-term: you’ll work with the UX Ops team and the Research team to prioritize the problems to explore and address and work toward functional, impactful solutions that help our team today and in the future as we continue to scale and grow.
- Work collaboratively: you’ll design and develop systems that support Research at Shopify based on collaborative decision-making. You’ll build strong working relationships with peers and stakeholders to create the best experience possible.
- Be self-directed: Every day is different and we thrive on ambiguity. You’ll adapt to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities, and use your experience and judgement to create the best possible outcomes.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Please address your cover letter to Chris and Adri and include a link to a few samples of your work you’re proud of.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Closing date: Monday, August 12th at 9am EDT.
|UX Researcher||UX and Design||Toronto, Canada|