About the role
Shopify Retail is an emerging division within Shopify, building the software and hardware that powers retail shops and in-person sellers. Our innovative products are changing the way in-person commerce is done, and our team is writing a new chapter in Shopify’s growth story.
Our growing on-boarding team works with established and emerging retail brands as they begin working with Shopify Retail. We partner with store owners, managers and staff — remotely, in-person, and with training resources — to implement Shopify Point of Sale (POS) in their stores and ensure they are set up for ongoing success. We’re merchant obsessed and driven in our goal to see entrepreneurs and brands succeed.
In your role as Retail Onboarding Specialist you will work directly with retailers and their partners to provide training and on-boarding support to ensure a successful launch with Shopify POS. As a subject matter expert on the Shopify Retail platform (POS, mobile, hardware), you’ll help to educate and share retail commerce best practices with our merchants. Once a merchant is comfortable with their retail stack and using Shopify POS, you'll transition them to working directly with our Retail Support team.
- Ensuring a fast, easy and satisfying on-boarding experience for our new merchants using Shopify POS; meeting monthly on-boarding goals
- Acting as a primary point of contact for merchants through their on-boarding, leveraging Shopify support and other teams to provide the best merchant experience at scale
- Scoping out merchant requirements and recommending Shopify solutions
- Leading training sessions and webinars with Shopify merchants
- Following up with merchants during the early weeks after their launch
- Maintaining a high level of merchant trust and satisfaction throughout on-boarding
- Becoming a subject matter expert on the ever-evolving Shopify Retail platform and ecosystem
- Defining, implementing and continually iterating our on-boarding tactics
- Creating and managing training resources for merchants
- Providing input into product priorities and marketing campaigns
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable with public speaking and facilitating training
- A strong teacher / coach with high emotional intelligence and empathy
- Proficient with technology; fast ability to learn and explain Shopify POS, and retail-focused third party applications from Shopify’s app store
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Quick problem solving skills and ability to work effectively under pressure and short timelines
- Highly adaptable and open to change
This posting will close on August 23rd at 12 PM EST - please make sure to submit your application in before then.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.