Retail Solutions Engineer
Montreal and Toronto
Shopify Retail is taking on IRL (In Real Life) commerce and bringing it into the future. Shopify provides an amazing multi-channel commerce platform used by over 500,000+ merchants globally. It is no secret that physical commerce is going through a very disruptive time. Shopify is not only looking to further disrupt retail but to approach this very mature market with a completely fresh approach.
We are looking for candidates that are not afraid to take chances and make mistakes in the effort to create something brand new. If you are someone who has a passion for helping and empowering brands to be successful and thrive through this retail transition, this is the job for you.
You'll need to have:
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills
- A strong ability to manage your own time productively
- Experience working in an application ecosystem and integrating technologies
- A history of learning new web APIs
- A desire to learn, master and teach our growing merchants and agencies
- A willingness to accept challenges and tackle tough issues head-on
- A great phone presence that includes an awesome sense of humour
- Familiarity with version control systems (git/Github is a plus)
- A curious mind for how things work and what makes them tick, an affinity for helping and teaching customers, and a constant thirst to learn about the next best thing
You'll be working on things like:
- Providing support to our current Shopify Retail sales and partner teams via email, phone or in person meetings
- Working to help vet and close deals from a technical requirements perspective for both our Retail Sales team and development partners/agencies
- Answering inquiries about our APIs
- Assisting with answering in-depth technical questions
- Exploring creative ways to develop on the platform
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application by Friday, December 15th at 12pm. Please address your application to Jamie Armstrong.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Sales jobs are posted.