About the role
Revenue Acceleration Analyst (RAA) - it's a big title that we kind of made up. But the big title is matched to a big job. We want you to 10X the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN) by nimbly jumping between our marketing, sales and data analysis teams in order to identify which merchants should be on the platform and THEN converting that knowledge into action. If you don't want to be defined by one particular role, and you've got a passion for sales, no fear of data analysis and a knack for knowing how to reach a target market, we want to hear from you.
OK, easiest way to describe the role is to talk about the work flow:
1) Analysis - Who is using SFN successfully already? Why? Who else should be on SFN? Why? We are literally sitting on a big old data mountain here at Shopify and while we don't want a data scientist for this role, we do want someone who's comfortable with big data, who can see patterns in a stream of information, and who can form a hunch and work out if that hunch is true by digging into the numbers. Your eventual goal? Use the data and your smarts to produce a list of merchants that we think need SFN in their lives.
2) Marketing - OK, we've got that list of merchants. Now go forth and test! Use your marketing savvy to work with our marketing team to reach out to those merchants with a message that is data-informed, empathetic and intelligently targeted.
3) Analysis part 2 - who responded and why? What worked, what didn't? You'll use that insight to build your next campaign. But before that, you get to jump over to help the sales team.
4) Sales - it's sales with a bit of sales recovery mixed in. Merchants that responded positively get passed on to the Sales team. Meanwhile, you get to use your skills to find out why we got rejected. We want you to actually look at the data and see if there's a pattern there. We also want you to pick up the phone and talk to the merchants directly. Did we miss the mark? Did we make an incorrect assumption? Is there a way to turn their opinion around?
And then, you do it all again! But only better and smarter!
See what we mean? This is a perfect job for someone who's part detective, part analyst and part sales person.
If you think this role sounds awesome, we totally get that, and here's what we're going to be looking for in terms of experience.
- An understanding of leading marketing and go to market strategies as well as familiarity with measuring results from them.
- Either extensive experience as a Salesforce user or basic experience with Salesforce administrative work.
- Experience using SQL to query, analyze, and organize data.
- Exposure to Tableau, Mode, Data Grip, or other similar tools.
- Keen eye for patterns and uncovering opportunities within data.
- Knowledge of a marketing automation tool such as Marketo or Marketing Cloud
- Experience working with a sales team
- Prior experience running segmentation on large data sets.
That’s it! We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Greg, a recruiter on our team, is looking forward to reading your application.
This posting will close on Friday, February 28th at 2pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.