RnD Camp Content Designer
RnD Camp is an education experience for Shopify employees in R&D roles (Data, Engineering, UX, Production Engineering, Product). The initial experience is a two-week program presented once a month. Our goal is to create a space for on-boarding where diversity of thought, being vulnerable, and failing forward is encouraged and celebrated. No imposter syndrome here!
With a hack-days-style project, campers are immersed in current context, real problems, and work in diverse teams using Shopify’s tools to Get Shit Done and make commerce better for everyone!
Subject matter experts and emerging leaders will model the skills, knowledge, and attitudes Shopifolk need to own their own development, make an impact faster, and get their life’s work started at Shopify.
As the RnD Camp Content Designer you will be creating materials and an experience that scales learning at Shopify 🚀
As the RnD Camp Content Designer you will:
- Have an above-average comfort with technology and coding, meaning that you could code your own games, build your own simple apps, etc.
- Turn learning outcomes into tangible resources and experiences that people actually want to engage with
- Deliver the resources and experiences you create to Shopifolk so that you can harness your own feedback and continually improve what you create
- Put the user at the heart of everything you build. Always asking how will this improve the lives of new Shopifolk in RnD?
- Be a swiss-army-knife of creativity (The ideal person could lead an improv workshop in the morning, produce a mini doc in the afternoon, and create infographics by night)
- Thrive on change as our program continues to scale
It would be awesome if you:
- Are proficient in tools/programs like: Slack, Ai, Sketch, Piktochart, Google Tools, Keynote, Final Cut or iMovie, X Code, Git and GitHub, Ruby, React, Text Editors, etc.
- Have experience teaching or facilitating in a non-traditional setting
- Have experience leading content strategy or external communications
- Are proficient at building/hosting online-experiences (communities of practice, e-learning, meetups, tweet-ups)
- Speak multiple languages (French, Filipino, Japanese, Hindi, Indigenous languages of Canada)
- Are comfortable on camera 🎥
Interested in applying? That's great!
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Alexa. (ProTip: Don't use the same cover letter you've used before, be creative!) We will be screening all application and getting back to everyone by Nov. 15th.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.