RnD Camp Experience Producer
RnD Camp is an education experience for Shopify employees in R&D roles (Data, Engineering, UX, Production Engineering, Product). The initial experience is a two-week program presented once a month. Our goal is to create a space for on-boarding where diversity of thought, being vulnerable, and failing forward is encouraged and celebrated. No imposter syndrome here.
With a hack-days-style project, campers are immersed in current context, real problems, and work in diverse teams using Shopify’s tools to Get Shit Done and make commerce better for everyone.
Subject matter experts and emerging leaders will model the skills, knowledge, and attitudes Shopifolk need to own their own development, make an impact faster, and get their life’s work started at Shopify.
As the RnD Camp Experience Producer you will be empowered to make sure everyone entering this program has an amazing learning experience from the moment they receive their employment offer!
The RnD Camp Experience Producer will:
- Welcome all new participants into the program - you are the first person they will engage with
- Coordinate travel and accommodations, so people can focus on the experience
- Manage user experience feedback, and respond IRL
- Maintain program assessments, so we can continue to build a better camp experience
- Propose new and innovative ways to enhance the participant’s experience
- Enhance the new hire community by offering meet-ups, timely communications, etc
- Book and set up event spaces; order supplies and swag people want
You’re right for the role if:
- You care deeply about improving engagement, experience, and effectiveness
- Understand how to measure the effectiveness of a program and are confident enough to share and learn from the results you can gather and query yourself
- Have experience turning data into actionable solutions
- Have experience coordinating travel and leading events
- Enjoy networking, hosting, and making people feel valued
- Love “the finishing touches” aspect of projects
- Are proficient in tools like Slack, MailChimp, Google Tools (Specifically Google Sheets and Google Groups), SurveyMonkey, and CultureAmp, Social Media.
It would be awesome if you:
- Dabble in tech or entrepreneurship so you can speak the language of our people
- Speak multiple languages (English, French, Filipino, Japanese, Hindi, Indigenous languages of Canada)
Interested in applying? That's great!
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Alexa. (ProTip: Don't use the same cover letter you've used before, be creative!) We will be screening all application and getting back to everyone by Nov. 15th.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.