RnD Camp Teacher
RnD Camp is an education experience for Shopify employees in research and development roles (Data, Engineering, UX, Production Engineering, Product). The initial experience is a 7-day program presented once a month. Our goal is to create a space for on-boarding where diversity of thought, being vulnerable, and failing forward is encouraged and celebrated. No imposter syndrome here!
With a hack-days-style project, campers are immersed in current context, real problems, and work in diverse teams using Shopify’s tools to Get Shit Done and make commerce better for everyone.
Subject matter experts and emerging leaders will model the skills, knowledge, and attitudes Shopifolk need to own their own development, make an impact faster, and get their life’s work started at Shopify.
As the RnD Camp Teacher you will be creating materials and experiences that scale learning at Shopify!
As the RnD Camp Teacher you will:
- Have experience teaching or facilitating in a non-traditional setting
- Foster safe, inclusive, and fun learning environments for our new hires to learn, unlearn, and self-actualize by demonstrating empathy for our teams and our merchants
- Provide feedback to campers on their learning during camp so they can make the most of their experience
- Stay connected to Shopify teams in order to help make connections for campers upon completion of the training program
- Explore new models for teaching, learning, and assessment that can be integrated into our work environment
- Be a swiss-army-knife of creativity!
- Be proficient in tools/programs like: Slack, Ai, Canva, Piktochart, Google Tools, Keynote, Final Cut or iMovie
- Have an above-average comfort with technology and coding, meaning that you could code your own games, build your own Shopify store, or be able to converse confidently with those that can
- Thrive on change: comfortable on camera, a willingness to do some light travelling between our offices
If you feel excited after reading this, address your cover letter to Jace, and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This job will be posted until February 10th.
This role can be performed from either our Toronto or Ottawa office.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Education jobs are posted.