About the role
The R&D Learning and Development team keeps Shopify moving fast by building immersive learning experiences for all disciplines and tenure within R&D. We ensure new hires are quickly up-to-speed and make constant learning an integral part of Shopify’s R&D culture.
We’re in search of a Learning Program Specialist to help us deliver our programs. You will work directly with the participants of our programs to understand their needs and challenges. Working with the team, you’ll identify and support areas of concern and opportunity. The programs we own will also require you to build and maintain relationships with people in various areas of Shopify in order to get the job done. We are looking for someone with a passion for people, and a drive for organization.
- Manage the registration systems for our programs, ensuring that the right people are in the right place at the right time.
- Own the logistics of executing our programs, ensuring that our participants and educators have a seamless experience.
- Coordinate the input of session information into our tools, and oversee day-of execution with the Learning Platform lead.
- Support the Program Manager with answering questions and addressing concerns of participants leading up or and on the day of the event.
Requirements for the Role
- A passion for helping others succeed, with a strong sense of empathy
- A keen eye for what needs to get done operationally and a desire to get it done efficiently
- A love for details with the ability to plan and execute events
- The ability to network and connect people and resources together
- The ability to thrive in an environment where change is constant and experimentation is encouraged. You are confident in creating, executing and championing those experiments.
- Strong technical skill set ( Excel, Airtable, SQL)
- Knowledge of best practices related to creating great learning experiences
- Project management experience
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on Monday, May 25, 2020 (noon) At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Director of Engineering||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Technical Program Manager - Shopify Shipping||Engineering and Development||Americas, Canada|
|Staff Developer - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Marketing UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Staff Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Software Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Development Manager - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer, Plus||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Hawaii)||Engineering and Development||Americas, United States|
|Web Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Mobile Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Americas|