Sales Academy - Summer 2018
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Tesla, RedBull, L'Oreal, Mondelez, Kanye West, Subway, UPS and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
Have you ever tried to apply for an entry level position but then discovered that multiple years of experience were required? Sounds pretty backwards to us! At Shopify Plus, we’re always looking for hard working, talented individuals who are eager to get into the working world and make a big impact. Our sales team is rapidly growing and looking for new talent but with minimal sales training offered in post secondary school programs, it can be difficult to find new grads that are ready to be a full time member of the team. So we’ve decided to create our own sales training program to take advantage of the raw talent, coming out of our local post secondary institutions.
Students of the Shopify Sales Academy will participate in both classroom and hands on learning to give them the knowledge and skills needed to join the Plus sales team. Students will also contribute to the Shopify business by leading merchants through our sales cycle, creating awesome content for everyone to take advantage of, lending a hand at our one of a kind events and spending time with members of multiple teams throughout the organization.
You'll need to have:
- A sense of adventure and an entrepreneurial spirit
- An ability to self-start and the work ethic to get shit done
- A passion for talking to people, understanding their unique business needs, and demonstrating how they can use Shopify Plus to accelerate their business
- A love for trying new things, iterating, and then diving in again - all at a super fast pace
- A keen interest in pursuing a career in sales at Shopify Plus
- Be a recent graduate with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (it's your job to sell us on what's relevant)
You'll be working on things like:
- Learning and developing fundamental sales skills through traditional classroom-based lessons combined with hands on learning
- Adopting innovative new ways of selling, and disrupting the traditional sales approach of software
- Working closely with the each branch of the organization to get a holistic view of how Shopify Plus operates
- Assisting with special projects, experiments, and one-of-a-kind events
What comes after 6 months?
- Those who successfully complete the program will receive a certificate of completion from Shopify Plus Sales Academy
- Social media badges to share on your online profiles
- A letter of recommendation for future endeavours from one of our sales managers
- Potentially a full-time offer for a sales position at Shopify Plus!
This contract will run for 6 months from May 7th - October 31 2018. Please address your cover letter to Michael Scott, and we encourage you to complete all of the challenge questions in the application!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we’re looking for, let’s chat.
We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Sales jobs are posted.