Sales Development Representative - Manager
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
- Develop and execute sales development strategies for the Asia region
- Lead a team of SDRs, providing coaching, mentorship, and training to achieve individual and team goals
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and sales teams to generate high-quality leads and sales opportunities
- Monitor and analyze key performance metrics to measure the effectiveness of sales development programs
- Continuously optimize and improve processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Represent the company at industry events, trade shows, and conferences
- 5+ years of experience in sales development, with a proven track record of success in Asia
- 3+ years of experience in sales management, including experience leading and mentoring sales teams
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce, marketing automation tools, and other relevant technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field
- Fluency in English and another language commonly spoken in the Asia region.
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering