About the role
Shopify is looking for quick-thinking, vibrant and naturally curious individuals to join our Global Outbound Sales Team as Sales Development Representatives. In this role, you are responsible for prospecting and qualifying leads to opportunities, including warm and cold outreach via phone, email and text. You will also be responsible for keeping up-to-date with new commerce trends and developing an understanding of our product offerings to help more merchants grow on Shopify.
At Shopify, there is a unique opportunity for high-impact sales professionals to build a career with a company that will continually provide opportunities for growth. You will be the merchant’s dedicated point of contact during the qualification period and your work will make a direct impact on our goals to make commerce better for everyone.
You’ll need to have:
- Outbound prospecting experience - generate new business pipeline through cold calling and emailing
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate Shopify’s value proposition and handle objections
- Demonstrate excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Build key relationships and collaborate with Shopify AEs on their respective territory accounts through account research, strategy, and outreach
- An understanding of customer needs and to meet those individual needs with proper introductions to our Shopify AEs
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- High professionalism; Be a self-motivated, driven and positive individual
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
- Strong process improvement skills to help develop the role as things change with the business
- Nice to have: CRM, Salesforce, Salesloft, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
You'll work on things like:
- Meet or exceed assigned daily activity minimums to fulfill quarterly expectations
- Merchant facing; generate leads and conduct pre-qualified calls with prospective merchants
- Schedule discovery calls for Shopify AEs
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through CRM, Salesforce and Salesloft
- Generate interest in the Shopify platform
- Create a positive and valuable first impression to merchants by providing an unrivalled merchant experience
- Contribute to building culture and upholding Shopify values
- Liaising with your peers across the world in other markets to refine processes and consistently evolve the scope of the role
- Working with your lead to up-skill in areas of professional and personal development including special personal projects to assist and impact the Revenue Acceleration team
- Building your Shopify platform knowledge - a platform expert!
We are looking for candidates across all of the Western region of Canada and the United States of America. Shopify is now permanently remote & working towards a digital by design culture.
As there are multiple positions, this posting will remain live until all positions have been filled. Successful candidates can expect to hear back from us within 2 weeks of application.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|Implementation Engineering Leader (Remote, Americas - PST)||Sales and Account Management||Americas|
|Product Consultant (Remote, Americas)||Sales and Account Management||Americas|
|Solutions Engineer (All levels) - (Remote, US East)||Sales and Account Management||Americas|