Security DevOps Engineer
The security team is growing and we want to grow our presence in the DevOps side of Shopify. Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform with no plans of slowing down. With 87 million unique visitors each month, and billions of requests per day we are on a mission to scale securely, and reliably. The candidate hired will develop and improve current tooling, identify security concerns, develop software to assist the security team, act as a reference for secure software development across other teams, influence monitoring and incident response, secure server configuration, as well as help integrate security controls into our container architecture. We need the help of an experienced DevOps team member to support our operations at this scale.
You'll have to have:
- Knowledge of security issues affecting web applications
- Clear communication and thinking about software and its design
- An Interest in creating ways to include security in the software development process
- A methodical and disciplined mindset
- An ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning to meet new challenges
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Web application development, especially Ruby on Rails (or similar)
- Querying or developing REST/GraphQL APIs
- Open source software including nginx, redis, and memcached
- C/C++ or other systems level languages
- Creating and maintaining internal tools
- Developing in Python, Ruby, etc.
- Contributing to open source security projects
- Prevention, detection, and mitigation of DDoS attacks
- Splunk or other log aggregation tools
- Elastic Search & ELK or similar
- Front end development
You'll be working on things like:
- Identifying and solving security team problems with software
- Diving deep into the systems we are currently using to evaluate and determine how future security systems will fit in
- Developing tools to help gain more visibility into our networks and scale intrusion detection capabilities
- Providing security advice to any product team
- Maintaining and improving trust for teams, merchants, and customers
How to Apply 📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Krystle.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Security jobs are posted.
Your application has been submitted. We will be in touch. Also, we encourage all applicants to experiment with the product and start a store.