About the role
We’re looking for curious and detail-oriented Shopifolks to join Trust team as a Security Incident Response Analyst.
As a Security Incident Response Analyst, you’ll be leveraging your expertise in Shopify’s products, applications and infrastructure, along with your knowledge of our internal device security and identity management to analyze security alerts and respond to incidents that could ultimately lower the trust merchants place in Shopify.
Much like your current work, you will own an issue and will bring all the pieces together through your persistence to leave no stone unturned. There is a huge investigative component to this role, something you’re likely already familiar with, having worked diligently to resolve various issues in your past life.
Here’s what you can expect from the role - an opportunity to:
- Analysee and respond to security alerts with the goal of risk reduction.
- Implement new alerts using the tooling we have in place.
- Collaborate with other security and engineering teams to remediate security findings.
- Lead the response efforts to security incidents as part of an on-call schedule, collaborating with colleagues all across Shopify.
- Lead root cause analysis (RCA) sessions.
- Participate in and help define security game day initiatives.
- Continuously refine the knowledge base through documentation and build new documents in a way that scales with the team’s growth.
It would be great if you had experience in one or more of the following (don’t stress, we are not expecting experience in all of the following!):
- Understanding of information security fundamentals.
- Knowledge of security issues affecting web applications and infrastructure.
- Experience working with logging and data analysis tools.
- Experience troubleshooting problems with little up front information (finding the needle in the haystack).
- Researching and using data analysis to identify security threats.
- Awareness of GitHub and continuous integration practices.
Tools of our Trade:
Note: if some of this tech is new to you, that's okay! We realise that not everyone has worked with this stack before and provide opportunities for learning as you go.
- Command line tools (Bash)
Feel free to take a look at some of the work the team is involved in:
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.