Senior Account Executive - Mid Market DACH
- Berlin, Germany
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
More than a million business owners and retailers around the world are powered by Shopify, with many looking for help to also grow their physical retail stores. Our innovative products and vast reach are enabling retailers to reinvent in person commerce, and our team is writing a new chapter in Shopify’s global growth story.
We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability, and flexibility they need. Shopify is helping power commerce for companies like GymShark, Staples, Spotify, Fielmann, Vorwerk and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
In the Commercial team our mission is to bring more Shopify to more merchants across the globe. To help merchants understand the depth and utility of our products, and make them more successful. We make sure they can access the right product at the right time highlighting its value, whether they are new to the platform, or looking to amplify their growth.
To accelerate our growth, we’re searching for an exceptional Senior Account Executive to join the DACH team at Shopify to help us build the EMEA market. Your mission will be to help medium-sized merchants across DACH (Germany & Switzerland) to identify their goals and make the right choices for their business to succeed.
- Drive sales revenue through new client acquisition within some of EMEAs most exciting brands.
- Actively manage the sales process, including positioning, presenting, and demoing the Shopify platform, and closing sales.
- Work effectively with Solution Engineers, Partners and other co-sellers in order to help merchants to identify their goals and make the right decisions for their business to succeed.
- Create new ways of positioning Shopify as a solution for accelerated growth.
- Build and manage a book of business through outbound prospecting (in partnership with a Business Development Representative) as well as inbound opportunities.
- Be organized. Effectively manage an account set, maintain CRM hygiene, and keep detailed and accurate notes of all sales-related activities.
- Identify each client’s unique needs and cultivate effective sales strategies.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams.
- Achieve your sales targets and performance metrics.
- Actively engage in coaching in order to constantly improve your craft.
- Extensive technology sales experience, 5+ years in a consultative closing role in a fast-paced environment, with a proven track record of overachievement. Experience in Commerce technology sales (especially e-commerce) and familiarity with technology migrations is preferred.
- Fluent in German and English.
- You are a commerce subject-matter expert and have an understanding of unique business needs, in order to show merchants how to 10x their business.
- You love your craft. You have a demonstrated ability to drive sales with all stakeholders in often large and complex organisations (from commercial to IT, from mid-level to C-Suite). Experience co-selling with partners is a bonus.
- Merchant obsessed. You are customer-focused and make the best decisions for the customer every time.
- Driven. You are results-driven with a growth mindset and you stay focused amongst the chaos of diving into a new market.
- Analytical - You are able to provide consistent, accurate sales forecasts.
- Solution-Oriented - You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track.
- Experience managing high volume of opportunities, maintaining data hygiene in order to drive forecasting accuracy.
- Thrive on change and the desire to improve. Commerce is always evolving, Shopify is ever-changing, and change is constant. You recognise that there is always room for improvement, and that holds true when it comes to your own sales skills. You see value in working with a sales coach to improve your craft.
- You have the desire to work in and build a strong team environment where we make each other better.
- You want to have an impact, be involved and do something incredible