Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 400,000 stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, tablet and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops. As Shopify continues to expand globally and the volume of our transactions increases, we’re looking to hire a Senior Accountant who combines a passion for analysis with strong technical skills.
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 4 years accounting experience and a CA or CPA/CA designation
- Public accounting firm experience
- A passion for technical accounting and proven experience writing or reviewing position papers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsStrong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Experience using Excel at an intermediate level, with motivation to improve
- A proven attention to detail and an ability to work independently
- An ability to prioritize your workload and a flexible/adaptable nature that will thrive in Shopify's fast paced environment
- Experience managing junior staff
It'll be great if you have experience in:
- Working in a financial reporting role in a high tech industry
- Experience compiling/auditing publicly listed company external financial statements
- Ensuring/Auditing SOX compliance and internal controls for publicly listed companies
- Getting shit done, with quality!
You'll be working on things like:
- Completing various aspects of the quarter and year-end close process
- Preparing external financial statements
- Project-based work including, but not limited to, US GAAP position paper preparation, SOX compliance, and supporting the development of internal financial systems
- Drafting an internal policy for revenue accounting to meet new revenue recognition standards, ASC 606
- Providing external and internal audit support
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application, and tell us why you’re the right person for this role! Please address your cover letter to Darryl.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
This posting will close on Wednesday, July 5th at 5:00 PM EDT.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Finance & Accounting jobs are posted.