Senior Agency Partner Manager, DACH
- Vienna, Austria
- Sales and Account Management
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We propel entrepreneurs and enterprises to scale the heights of their potential. Since 2006, we’ve grown to 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
About the role
About the team
The local DACH Partnerships team is responsible for developing the best in class ecosystem of channel partners to scale Shopify’s development in the region. Our partners are the extension of our teams and help us bring more of Shopify to the world. From agency partners to local system integrators and technology partners, our objective is to partner with the best local providers to support Shopify’s merchant acquisition efforts as well as existing merchant growth.
About the role
Shopify is in a unique position to help agencies deliver on their clients’ digital transformation. There is a tremendous opportunity in the region to take Shopify’s network of agency partners to the next level and build mutually beneficial partnerships that will ultimately make Shopify merchants more successful.
We are looking for a Senior Agency Partner Manager to support this effort, from refining the new partners acquisition approach for the agency channel to establishing the right partnerships to acquire Plus merchants. You will be responsible for identifying new potential partners that can be nurtured into our Plus Partner program in DACH and work with the team and cross-functionally to turn them into long lasting partnerships.
- Based in the UK, Austria, or Switzerland.
- You have 6+ years experience in agency channel sales/partnerships or equivalent direct Sales experience
- Fluent German & English speaker.
- Deep knowledge of the local Commerce/Shopify ecosystem and established relationships within Germany with commerce agencies, technology providers, and other potential businesses that complement the commerce lifecycle
- You have a passion for agencies, partnerships, ecosystem, brands and ecommerce.
- You are passionate about sales, hunting, creating funnels and reaching out to new agencies .
- You excel at establishing and growing mutually beneficial business relationships.
- You have an agile growth mindset and adapt well to a fast moving environment.
- You understand the inner workings of digital and full-service agencies.
- You're a self-starter, proactive, and able to handle uncertainty, while demonstrating your own initiative.
- Experience working across multiple business units, comprising many stakeholders and influencing factors.
- Previous experience working for a service provider within the eCommerce space (preferably an agency), or experience managing agencies within a tech company
- Can work well as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
The shape of a Shopify career
Ben joined Shopify as a frontline Support Advisor with no background in programming or computer science. He’s now a Director of Engineering. Spanning 10 jobs on 7 teams in 9 years, Ben’s Shopify career path has twisted and turned as he’s worked relentlessly to pursue a career as an engineer and adapted to the pace of change—all fuelled by personal and professional hypergrowth.
Ben’s growth trajectory
- A support advisor for 2 years
- Studied dev skills. Learnt about our API. Became first API support person. Found bugs to fix.
- Eventually became a software dev
- Helped launch first finance product for merchants
- Became senior dev and launched new support contact centre
- Led a team as a dev manager
- Scaled a team from 4 to 60+ as a senior dev manager
- Became Director for Support and CX Engineering