About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standards for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while continually looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets. Today, Shopify is a $40 billion company, and there are no signs of slowing down.
We are looking to add a Senior Analyst to Shopify’s finance team to drive some highly visible cross-functional projects. This person will collaborate closely across Shopify’s product and service lines, in conjunction with FP&A and Data Science, to unearth new insights that change the way we look at and operate our business. This position will be based in New York.
Projects you could be working on:
- Structuring complex and ambiguous strategic problems for Shopify’s leadership team
- Building relationships across Shopify to identify and prioritize initiatives that maximize the impact of the Finance Projects team
- Leading large, cross-functional projects and build consensus with senior leaders across the organization
- Analyzing large amounts of information and data quickly and effectively; partner with Data Science on innovative approaches to access and analyze Shopify’s rich data set
- Delivering clear and actionable insights that help Shopify make great decisions quickly
- Developing analyses on major business opportunities and risks that inform Shopify’s long-range investment planning
- Note: a moderate amount of travel (10-20%) should be expected as Shopify’s product and service lines span multiple locations. Learn more here
- Analysis and project execution experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking or a similar environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, ambiguous work environment and navigate through change
- Willingness to take ownership and build the foundation for future financial and operational analysis from the ground up
- Relevant domain experience (e.g., B2B or B2C SaaS, eCommerce, retail)
- MBA or advanced degree
- Experience with SQL
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work, and we truly value your time. We're looking forward to learning more about you through your application.
Please note that this posting will close on March 2nd, 2020 at 4pm EST
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
|Senior Manager, Shipping & Fulfillment Finance (In Boston)||Legal and Finance||New York City, United States|