About the role
About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Yes, you read that right - in this time of Covid-19, Shopify is still hiring. We're definitely open for business, and we're fighting hard to keep hundreds of thousands of other businesses open as well. If that sounds like something you could get behind, keep reading.
We’re looking to add a Senior Treasury Analyst to our Ottawa-based Treasury team. Reporting to the Manager, Treasury, we’re looking for someone who will bring passion, business acumen, and a get-it-done attitude to the table. You would be powering Shopify’s foreign exchange hedging, insurance programs, and treasury business system improvements to drive outstanding results.
The Shopify Treasury Operations team sits in the centre of the finance organization, linking together different functional groups both strategically and operationally. This person will act as one of the primary sources of context for the team to drive treasury decision-making, support the business in pursuit of growth, and ultimately help our merchants succeed.
Who are we?
Finance at Shopify is a great place to hone your technical skills and get exposure to the Shopify product, inside and out. The team has grown from 7 members to 116 in the last 5 years. In that time, the company has successfully completed an IPO, multiple follow on equity offerings, closed several acquisitions resulting in entities around the world, and completed its first year SOX audit. In addition to this, the team has provided more than $1 billion USD in funding to merchants in 3 different countries via Shopify Capital.
- Contribute to cash flow and foreign exchange related forecasts
- Analyze financial exposures including foreign exchange, prepare recommendations and execute on agreed upon strategy
- Participate in trading both foreign exchange contracts and options
- Own risk-related recommendations to treasury leadership
- Assist with the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process
- Assist in advancement of Shopify’s treasury management system (Kyriba)
- Develop subject matter expertise on Shopify’s insurance program
- Perform ad hoc analysis for special finance projects
- Build scalable Treasury and risk management processes that simplify, align & drive accountability/ownership
- Coach, develop, and empower a world-class team
- Assist with forward-thinking special projects, as required
- A designation, CFA, CPA or equivalent
- Strong track record of execution and impact in a series of progressive experiences
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills, with team oriented focus
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management, planning, and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to thrive in a fast-moving, ambiguous work environment
- Curiosity and a passion for excellence, ownership, and continuous improvement
It’d be great if you have:
- Experience managing insurance within a publicly traded company
- Experience with Kyriba (Treasury Management System)
- Experience in tech or other SAAS-based business models
This posting will close on June 2nd at 5PM, EDT. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.