Senior Android Engineer
We focus on building products and tools that help our merchants grow their businesses. We know that more than 50% of web traffic is now coming from mobile, so our team is shaping the future of multi-channel commerce from a mobile-first perspective.
Our Shopify mobile teams are working with world-class (aka 🔥) UX, design, and engineering teams to build and define the future of commerce. We are looking for Android leaders who are passionate about Android and mobile at large. If you care about the best user experience, low crash counts and responsive applications, you’re set. We would love for you to join us to push boundaries as we craft the best retail experience for merchants and their customers, the best SDKs for developers, and the best overall mobile experience for our merchants.
Here are some of the projects that this team has been championing lately 🚀
- Conversational commerce is here. We built Shopkey, an iOS keyboard, to make it simpler for merchants to share products with customers using messaging apps.
- We created iOS and Android Buy SDKs that gives developers the tools they need to build a mobile app using native checkout processes like Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- We’ve worked with partners to build native mobile experience (the Stockroom app is an example of this)
- Our mobile Garage team built QuickFit and Wake Alarm
- We’re contributing to the newly rebuilt Shopify mobile app
Some of the people you might work with: 👨👨👧👧
The 🛠 ‘s you will use include:
- Build and debug apps with Android Studio, unit testing/automated testing/continuous integration, GraphQL & REST server communication, open source libraries, e.g. OkHttp, EventBus, Gson
A few things we want you to have 🦄
- A genuine enthusiasm for Android development
- We work in a multi-disciplined team with designers, PMs, and UX researchers. That ability to collaborate well is definitely important to be successful at Shopify
- If you’ve shipped an Android app previously, that would be great
- Interest in recent Android development trends and libraries, e.g. Kotlin, RxJava, Firebase, Dagger
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of mobile at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to David Muzi.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.