About the role
At Shopify, we build products that help entrepreneurs around the world start and grow their businesses. We’re the world’s fastest-growing commerce platform and we have no plans of slowing down. To continue to grow at an incredible rate, we need a strong operations leader to bring our App team to the next level.
The App Platform is foundational to Shopify’s present and future, and it serves both third-party and internal developers. Every business on Shopify uses apps as a way to supercharge their stores and help them sell more, save time, and save money. With over 3,200+ apps today, our ecosystem is diverse, competitive, and growing at an incredible rate.
You will lead the team that supports our aggressive growth, balancing the satisfaction of our App Developer partners with meeting our merchant demand for high-quality apps. This team is a key part of our organization, linking together multiple functional groups both strategically and operationally. You will partner with teams and leaders across the company to drive strategic projects. Specifically, you will be working on the Shopify App Store team, creating processes and tripwires to ensure that we have safe and high-quality apps for our diverse set of merchants and their needs, and a place for developers to thrive.
You will be:
- Acting as a strategic leader to help create the vision, strategy, and drive the execution of world-class quality and trust processes for the Shopify App Store.
- Working with cross-functional teams to analyze opportunities, synthesize findings, develop action plans and drive the execution of initiatives, including international ones.
- Constantly re-evaluating and improving process accuracy, consistency and scalability using qualitative inputs and quantitative reporting.
- Understanding the operational and data needs of the teams with whom you will be closely working – creating dashboards and scorecards to assist with the operational and strategic success of those teams.
- Building growth models to predict hiring needs, and mentoring the operations team.
What you bring:
- Experience in operations, finance, strategy consulting or another analytical role; SaaS experience a plus.
- Experience leading teams, owning complex projects and driving execution.
- Professional experience using SQL and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams on multiple projects (product, engineering, user experience, marketing, data, finance, support).
- Strong communication and presentation skills to concisely convey complex information to stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Love of continuous improvement and efficiency, with no problem being too big or too small.
- Experience creating or scaling processes for international markets is a plus.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us your application! We’d love to hear how you think you can make an impact.
This posting will close on Dec 13th at 12 PM EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.