Senior Business Analyst
Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 500,000 stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, tablet and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops. As Shopify continues to expand globally and the volume of our transactions increases, we’re looking to add a Senior Business Analyst to our finance team. You will be working closely with the Shopify Payments team to provide business support as their dedicated finance partner.
You will have to have:
- 3-4 years experience working in a finance/business support role in a fast-paced environment
- A solid understanding of financial modelling concepts
- A proven ability of both building detailed, ground up frameworks as well as “seeing the forest through the trees”
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and help out where needed
- The ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-moving, sometimes chaotic work environment
- An extremely detail-oriented nature with a passion for problem solving
It would be great if you have:
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, or CPA) or MBA
- A commerce or business degree
- An understanding of the payments industry or experience in fintech
You will be working on things like:
- Collaborating with different team leads to help business units better understand their metrics and financial implications
- Analyze business metrics and create monthly reports
- Work on forward-thinking special projects
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Sam, our Manager of Financial Planning here at Shopify.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Finance & Accounting jobs are posted.