About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Gymshark, Simba Sleep, Emma Bridgewater, Kanye West, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
The Business Operations team sits in the centre of the organisation, linking together different functional groups and enabling scalable growth through business insights, technology and process. Using a combination of strong business acumen and technical expertise, the Business Operations Leader will work with senior leaders across the company to define and drive strategic projects that support our aggressive growth. This is a very hands-on role, operating in a fast-paced environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: Nurture strong relationships with internal customers (Sales, Partnerships and Customer Success) and internal partners (especially Marketing, Finance and Data Science). Ensure constant alignment of priorities. Effectively navigate the organisation to unblock challenges, solicit support and keep projects moving forward.
- PROCESS OPTIMISATION: Identify ways to evolve processes for our Sales and Customer Success teams to enhance efficiency.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Champion complex cross-functional projects from inception to completion. Ensure high quality of delivery. Measure and communicate results and business impact.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT: Engage with internal partners as required to ensure the right tools, content, training and communications are in place to enable key changes.
- CONSULTING & RECOMMENDATIONS: Translate data-informed analysis, research and qualitative observations into recommendations. Gain buy-in from team members and senior stakeholders. Formulate projects and project teams to deliver on recommendations.
- INTERNATIONAL ALIGNMENT: Constantly be discovering and developing best practices, sharing learnings with global counterparts. Champion EMEA priorities to influence our global technology roadmap.
- SALESFORCE.COM DATA MANAGEMENT: Maintain Salesforce data, including account ownership and assignment rules. Develop reports and dashboards to optimise daily workflows.
Requirements for the role:
- Significant experience in high growth B2B SaaS technology Sales Operations or Customer Success Operations.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentations, story-telling, facilitation and consultative questioning.
- Experience with data management and Salesforce.com administration.
- Natural curiosity and the tenacity to challenge current practices.
- Great cross-functional team player, always ready to roll up your sleeves and work in the details.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Luke is looking forward to reading your application.
This job posting will be open until we hire the right candidate. We have a commitment to respond to applications within 2 weeks and we look forward to reviewing your application!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.