About the role
Shopify is looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join their growing Business Operations team!
Shopify is an e-commerce platform with the mission to make commerce better for everyone. It currently powers over 1,000,000 merchants in more than 150 different countries. Shopify Plus is a segment within Shopify, working with some of the world’s largest and coolest brands like Redbull, GymShark, Johnson & Johnson, Nestle, and Kylie Cosmetics. Shopify Plus provides high-volume, high-growth merchants an enterprise e-commerce solution without the traditional headaches.
As part of the Business Operations team, the Senior Business Systems Analyst sits in the centre of our organization, linking together all the different functional groups both strategically and operationally. You will support teams such as Sales, Partnerships, Merchant Success, and Technical Services. Leveraging your knowledge of Salesforce and other technology, you will enhance the productivity of our Leaders and customer-facing roles across Shopify Plus, mainly out of our Waterloo office.
- Intake and prioritization management of new feature requests
- Define business requirements and test solutions developed
- Engage vendors and facilitate vendor selection with Key Stakeholders and Partners
- Ensure excellent change management in deploying enhancements through collaboration with internal Shopify teams such as Enablement & Sales, Merchant Success and Salesforce Operations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of existing end-to-end tool-sets, including technological capabilities, limitations and dependencies
- Understand who in Shopify owns which systems to navigate on behalf of internal stakeholders
- Work with Business Operations and the Data Science team to measure the effectiveness of tools and their business impact
- Monitor and nurture the adoption of processes and technology
- Work with Enablement and Stakeholder leadership to ensure adoption
- Discover, develop and share best practices within defined processes and technology
- Maintain broader industry knowledge of tools and best practices
Requirements for the Role:
- Strong ability to define a technology roadmap that spans across multiple platforms and tools, and translates into simple user experiences
- Demonstrated experience defining and documenting business and system requirements in an agile environment
- Extensive experience with the use and continual improvements of a Salesforce.com implementation and AppExchange solutions
- Natural collaboration skills, someone able to learn from and influence others
- Experience assisting with end user acceptance & and end to end testing
- Creative problem solving abilities, who is willing to explore new ideas
- Excellent communication with both business leadership and deeply technical team members
- Ability to prioritize numerous, and competing high-priority asks
- Salesforce Sales Cloud or Service Cloud Consultant certification a bonus
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time. Michael is looking forward to reading your application. This posting closes at 3PM EST on Friday, November 22nd, 2019.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.