About the role
Shopify's user experience team is focused on enabling people to make commerce better at a global scale. This team plays a special role in building understanding and empathy for our merchants. The content design team is a close-knit group of crafters who work across the company to create clear, concise content that makes our products work better.
We’re looking for a senior level content designer to plan and create interface content for Shopify products, and contribute to our team's skills and growth. This position requires deep understanding of the role language plays in the UX design process. This isn’t a marketing or social media role.
We’re always on the lookout for people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly, collaborative environment. If this sounds familiar, we’d love to hear from you.
- Building the Shopify admin and tools alongside designers, researchers, and front end developers.
- Collaborating closely with other content designers. Reviewing and critiquing your teammates’ content to help them grow.
- Actively contributing to developing new features, and continuously improving what we have today.
- Evolving editorial and voice and tone standards across our products.
- Using qualitative and quantitative research to inform your content decisions.
- Defining and implementing information architecture and navigation systems across complex products.
- Empowering everyone at Shopify to write their own great content by contributing to training, learning resources, and other support opportunities.
- Strong content design experience, preferably in a product-focused environment.
- Background working on complex problems with cross-functional teams including UX designers, researchers, and engineers.
- Experience writing and structuring language to respond to audience needs.
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across an organization.
- A strong understanding of user-centered design techniques and how to apply them.
- Empathy and advocacy for merchants and their buyers, in all areas of our work.
To learn more about Shopify UX, check out the following links:
Polaris—Shopify’s design system
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Madeleine is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Marketing Content Designer (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Visual/Brand Designer (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Marketing Designer (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Manager, Search & Discovery (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff Content Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||United States|
|Staff Product Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Producer||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Director, Core (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Designer, Retail (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|