About the role
Shopify's Support Leadership team is looking for a Senior Customer Success Lead to join our ever-growing Support organization. The Support team is the foundation of everything we do at Shopify, and we take the role of supporting our merchants pretty seriously. As a Senior Customer Success Lead, you’ll be at the forefront of driving the quality service our merchants deserve. We're looking for someone who truly believes in the merchant experience and knows what it takes to drive performance at all levels.
A few more details:
We're humans leading humans - We take a human approach to leading teams at Shopify. It's not just about managing your team, it's about building strong relationships with your team so that you can empower them to do great work and be even better leaders. It's about being invested in the role that Support plays at Shopify and constantly looking for innovative ways to elevate your own team and the Support team as a whole.
We work together - We may not all be close in proximity, but we act like it. We’ve invested in small remote teams and strong communication tools to ensure you have the resources to succeed in your role at Shopify --- regardless of location!
The ideal Senior Customer Success Lead is excellent at working with and leading a team of leads that we call a time period. A time period consists of 6-10 direct reports who individually lead teams of 8-12 front-line Customer Success Representatives (Gurus). Senior Customer Success Leads are comfortable with ambiguity and an effective contributor to team operations. Ultimately, all your work in this role will drive merchant satisfaction, merchant value and an increasingly successful experience for Merchants, Gurus and Shopify Support. This job demands a high level of collaboration with your fellow senior leads, all of whom manage adjoining teams of leaders and front-line Gurus.
As a Senior Support Lead, you will:
- Coach your reports to 10x their teams’ performance while overseeing the performance management and success process
- Contribute to overseeing Shopify’s expansion in New Zealand and boosting our employer brand to help scale our team
- Foster an engaged and improving environment for your time period
- Work closely in executing any value creation or effort reduction initiatives for our merchants and Shopify
- Responsible for delivering the KPIs of Support for your time period
- Represent Shopify at internal and external IRL events
- Analyse and present data pertaining to Support and your time period
- Work with the Time Lead team to manage and contribute to the effective rollout of new initiatives within the Guru team
- Work alongside Support Operations, QA, Workforce Management, Technical Support, Human Relations, Knowledge Management, Training and Talent Acquisition
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 3 years call centre senior leadership experience
- Must be legally eligible to work in New Zealand - preference for those based in the Wellington Region
- Comfortable working from home
- A thorough understanding of call centre operations
- You’re a great leader and manager who understands that one is not better than the other. You can effectively flex between the two given the situation.
- You help instil confidence in your Leads and support their growth.
- A 5-star communicator and collaborator. Communication and collaboration are the building blocks that help us continue to be successful as a team. A Team Lead needs to build and maintain a strong internal network.
- Master of prioritisation. There are only so many hours in a day and you’re able to identify the best use of that time.
- You sit comfortably in ambiguity and know how to approach unique challenges.
- Highly strategic. Come up with unique ways for solving the problems at hand. You’re also able to connect the dots and nail down root causes for any problems we may experience. You are able to effectively translate strategic ideas into action.
To apply please answer the questions listed on the application page, as well as including a recent CV/resume.