About the role
Shopify's Support Leadership team is looking for a Senior Customer Success Lead to join our ever-growing Support organization. The Support team is the foundation of everything we do at Shopify, and we take the role of supporting our merchants pretty seriously. As a Senior Customer Success Lead, you’ll be at the forefront of driving the quality service our merchants deserve. We're looking for someone who truly believes in the merchant experience and knows what it takes to drive performance at all levels.
A few more details:
We're humans leading humans - We take a human approach to leading teams at Shopify. It's not just about managing your team, it's about building strong relationships with your team so that you can empower them to do great work and be even better leaders. It's about being invested in the role that Support plays at Shopify and constantly looking for innovative ways to elevate your own team and the Support team as a whole.
We work together - We may not all be close in proximity, but we act like it. We’ve invested in small remote teams and strong communication tools to ensure you have the resources to succeed in your role at Shopify --- regardless of location!
The ideal Senior Customer Success Lead is excellent at working with and leading a team of leads that we call a time period. A time period consists of 6-10 direct reports who individually lead teams of 8-12 front-line Customer Success Representatives (Gurus). Senior Customer Success Leads are comfortable with ambiguity and an effective contributor to team operations. Ultimately, all your work in this role will drive merchant satisfaction, merchant value and an increasingly successful experience for merchants, Gurus and Shopify Support. This job demands a high level of collaboration with your fellow senior leads, all of whom manage adjoining teams of leaders and front-line Gurus.
- Coach your reports to 10x their teams’ performance while overseeing the performance management and success process.
- Foster an engaged and improving environment for your time period.
- Work closely in executing any value creation or effort reduction initiatives for our merchants and Shopify.
- Responsible for delivering the KPIs of Support for your time period.
- Represent Shopify at internal and external in-person events.
- Analyze and present data pertaining to Support and your time period.
- Work with the Customer Success Leadership team to manage and contribute to the effective rollout of new initiatives within the Guru team.
- Work alongside Support Operations, QA, Workforce Management, Technical Support, Human Resources, Knowledge Management, Training and Recruitment.
- At least 3 years of call centre senior leadership experience with a thorough understanding of call centre operations (either in-office or remote).
- Comfortable working from home.
- You’re a great leader and manager who understands that one is not better than the other.
- You can effectively flex between the two given the situation.
- You help instil confidence in your Leads and support their growth.
- A 5-star communicator and collaborator. Communication and collaboration are the building blocks that help us continue to be successful as a team.
- A Senior Customer Success Lead needs to build and maintain a strong internal network.
- Master of prioritization. There are only so many hours in a day and you’re able to identify the best use of that time.
- You sit comfortably in ambiguity and know how to approach unique challenges.
- Highly strategic. Come up with unique ways for solving the problems at hand. You’re also able to connect the dots and nail down root causes for any problems we may experience.
- You are able to effectively translate strategic ideas into action.
- Must reside in New Zealand and is legally eligible to work in the country.
To apply please answer the questions listed on the application page, as well as include a recent cv/resume as well as a cover letter addressed to Emma.
Closing date: Posting will be closed when enough applications have been received.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Shopify Support Advisor (Remote, New Zealand)||Customer Support||New Zealand|