About the role
At Shopify, we empower 500,000+ entrepreneurs all over the world. We're looking for hard-working, passionate people to help us make commerce better. For over 10 years we have been super driven when it comes to using data insights to help drive our product direction and make things better for our merchants.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist for the Shopify Plus team. Working closely with the team, you will help us drive optimization in this area through the development of machine learning models that are scaled across our enterprise merchants.
You'll need to have:
- Strong background in machine learning including experience implementing models at scale
- Extensive experience using Python (including scikit-learn) or similar languages
- Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL
It'd be great if you had:
- Previous experience using Spark
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools
- Familiar with SaaS sales funnel, conversion rates, campaign performance and Google Analytics.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Ella.
|Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure||Data Science and Engineering||Waterloo, Canada|