About the role
At Shopify, we empower 1 Million+ entrepreneurs all over the world. We're looking for hard-working, passionate people to help us “make commerce better for everyone”. For over 10 years we have been super driven when it comes to using data insights to help inform our product direction and make things better for our merchants.
We are on the lookout for a Senior Data Scientist for our International Growth team. The International team's mission is to Make Commerce Better for Everyone... Everywhere! We are a cross-functional group, focused on helping Shopify understand and serve merchants around the world. As Shopify continues to expand globally and the scope of our market increases, we are are looking for the right person to support the data strategy and integration around every single global market we tackle.
Our Senior Data Scientists are "full stack" from ETL, to shipping into production, informing stakeholders, gathering context and being an expert in their domain. We're looking to bring on board Data Scientists with the trifecta of experience in math, software engineering and business intelligence/domain knowledge.
Required experience for the role :
- Working on a Data Science team at scale where analytics on top of massive data sets drives product and business decisions
- Working knowledge of Python is a must
- Analyzing data using SQL
- Being equally technical and functional (and both are strong), and equally comfortable and effective at presenting to technical or business leaders
- Understanding the many uses of regression and inferential statistics
- Having organizational and interpersonal skills, with proven success building relationships across all levels
It would be great if you had :
- Previous experience using Spark
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools
- Familiarity with SaaS sales funnel, conversion rates, campaign performance and Google Analytics
Closing date: March 16th
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Ella.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.