About the role
At Shopify, we build products that help entrepreneurs around the world to start and grow their businesses. We’re the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no intention of slowing down.
We believe that online retail is one of the most defining avenues for entrepreneurs to reach independence, but almost everything about the internet favours already-large existing companies. Every day thousands of new entrepreneurs sign up for Shopify with widely varying levels of skills. The Start product line exists to supercharge aspiring entrepreneurs' abilities to become successful with the best guidance, network, and motivation possible. We'll help our existing 800,000 global merchants and also support new ones as we continue to grow.
To do this, we need the help of dedicated and versatile Data Scientists. We are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us better understand our aspiring entrepreneurs and how we can best help them onboard and get started with Shopify. Working closely with an interdisciplinary team that is hungry for data, you will help drive product strategy through analysis and experimentation.
Entrepreneurship is a hard but rewarding experience. We want to create more entrepreneurs and make it easier than ever to start a business. Come join us to do your life's best work!
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysing data to build insights around new Shopify merchants and their needs
- Collaborating with stakeholders to find and prioritize the right questions to ask, and communicating your findings effectively back to them
- Helping guide the product roadmap and making great decisions at scale
- Working closely with an interdisciplinary team to execute on our team mandate
- Balancing ‘getting things done quickly’ with ‘getting things done right’
What you’ll bring:
- You have a track record of distilling complex and ambiguous problems into actionable recommendations based on sound data analysis and insights
- You have experience working directly with consumer-facing product owners and collaborating with an interdisciplinary team to build the right solution at the right time
- You manage your time effectively, prioritize tasks, and take ownership for your work
- You are continually looking to grow and level up in your craft, exploring new technologies and analytical techniques
- You have strong programming fundamentals, and ideally have extensive experience analyzing data using SQL, Pandas, Spark, or similar tools
- You have a working knowledge of Python and have experience using machine learning to create impactful product features
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Andrea.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Friday, July 19 at 9am EDT.
|Senior Manager, Insights Data Science||Data Science and Engineering||Ottawa, Canada|