About the role
Here at Shopify we are working towards our mission of making the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe.
Shop is the team that builds consumer-facing products, from Shop Pay, a frictionless accelerated checkout product, to our newly released Shop app, the shopping assistant that gives buyers a seamless experience, from real-time order tracking to accurate delivery updates. When users follow shops, Shop provides a personalized interface and spam-free recommendations for a better shopping experience!
Our team operates like a start up within an established company. The leadership team decides on key themes and teams get assigned to it. Then it's up to the team to solve the problem, working closely with Engineering, Data, UX and PMs. Independent teams, with flexibility to make their own decisions and work autonomously.
As a senior design leader you will define and own the UX vision and execution for the entire Shop product group. You will build and lead a team solving the most complex and interesting challenges in commerce and shopping today. Your empathy and advocacy for our customers, and leadership will empower the team to help our customers succeed.
- Hire and grow a team of world-class designers
- Identify and mentor our future design leaders
- Inspire and motivate team members to create well-thought-out customer-centric design
- Collaborate on the product roadmap with the Engineering and Product directors
- Shape the vision and design direction of our future products
- Collaborate closely with engineering, product management, marketing, data, and senior leadership to ship fantastic product experiences
Relevant experience for the role
- Experience managing a team of designers
- Past experience working as a product designer with a proven record of shipping visually stunning high impact work
- Excellent communicator and motivator
- You deeply care about users and the world they live in
- Experienced at describing and documenting your design process and decisions
- Skilled at receiving and giving constructive feedback to produce the best possible work
This role can be based either in Montreal or Toronto.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
Closing date: Friday, May 29th at 12pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Staff Product Designer, Shop Pay||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff UX Researcher, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Director, Online Store Tools||UX and Design||Americas|
|Marketing Design Manager||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Designer, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Marketing Manager||UX and Design||Americas|
|Marketing Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Marketing Content Strategist||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Manager, Ecosystem||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Designer||UX and Design||Americas|