As a senior designer you’ll work on a small team, own multiple projects, collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, and wear many different hats. You’ll be working on solving various UX problems, while mentoring other designers on the team. You’ll have to be good at managing your time and priorities, as well as be resourceful and flexible.
Your work will help lower the barriers to entrepreneurship for merchants, and you will have the opportunity to shape the culture of our new office in Berlin. We are a friendly, collaborative team, who leave their ego at the door, and care about the right solution above everything else.
- Define, explore, and solve complex problems. Quickly prototyping solutions, and shipping high fidelity design.
- Ship valuable, high quality work without sacrificing speed
- Develop industry-leading domain expertise in your product’s problem area – fulfillment, shipping, etc.
- Continuously broaden your knowledge in other UX disciplines
- Represent our merchants and suppliers in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Advocate for good user experience across our teams and our platform
- Work with Product Managers and Engineering teams to balance technical, business, and user requirements
- Manage timelines, resources, deliverables, and feedback from stakeholder team.
- Help to mentor and lead individuals through a fast-moving landscape while also providing growth opportunities
- Anticipate staffing needs on your team and recruit for them
- Evaluate and providing supportive and constructive feedback
- Contribute to the culture and discipline of design at Shopify
- Experience leading design teams to deliver high quality products
- Passion for solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of design (research, strategy, IA, art direction and interaction design)
- Experience solving problems where there are many dependencies and interactions with different systems or areas
- Knowledge and familiarity with a research and data informed approach to design -- you know when and how to measure success of design decisions
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best. Please address your application to Justas Galaburda.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Design & UX jobs are posted.