About the role
Shopify’s Merchant Services team is seeking a Senior Designer to join our cross-discipline UX Marketing team of designers and content designers.
The Shipping team under Merchant Services is focused on crafting and communicating stories that elevate the breadth and depth of Shopify's shipping and delivery services. We are responsible for the awareness, adoption, and education of these services. We’re looking for a designer who is excited to evolve and define how we represent Shopify’s shipping products and features to merchants and their customers.
You live at the intersection of Marketing and UX, and understand how to take people on a complete journey. As a Senior Designer, you’ll help develop and drive creative work that delivers the right message, to the right audiences, in the right channels driving merchants and developers to become aware of, adopt, and advocate for Shopify’s shipping services.
Equal parts contributor and leader, you’ll rely on your collaborative and human-centered design skills to create concepts for teams to rally around, and then activate your deep technical skill in UX/UI design to bring them to life. You have advanced visual design skills, a deep understanding of user experience, and the ability to design across channels. You are capable of developing the overall design and functionality specifications for enhanced experiences. You are eager to strategize and collaborate to bring the most compelling marketing experiences to life.
- Create compelling experiences via visual storytelling and experience best practices in a variety of mediums and channels
- Work on marketing projects from ideation to execution while participating and sometimes leading various design initiatives including design sprints, user interviews, sketching, user flows, wireframing and stakeholder reviews
- Evolve the UX of our marketing experiences through user interface design and art direction
- Be a constant learner, experiment, use tools like data, and audience segmentation to continually improve your creative approach
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop creative marketing strategies
- Champion projects to ensure that they are progressing at a high level of quality from start to launch
- Propose and constantly lookout for new ways to evolve and grow our craft or processes
- Actively stay on top of marketing trends, goals, and performance indicators
- Help the team grow and become more effective by pairing and collaborating with other Marketing UXers by sharing insights, inspiration, new tools, and best practices
- Provide craft leadership via mentoring and participating in craft and discipline rituals
- Visual storytelling experience for digital products aimed at making complex subject matter approachable
- Ability to visualize ideas and stories across a variety of media and channels (web, physical products, social media, email, paid)
- A passion for solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and championing all facets of Marketing Design (branding, art direction, and interaction design)
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools to design storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, UI graphics/animations, and layouts, as well as some knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Exceptional grasp of visual design, including typography, information design, color, layout, and conceptual ideation
- Exceptional grasp of design fundamentals, principles, heuristics, and best practices including, research, prototyping, and validation
- You’ve participated in the full project process from ideation to execution and optimization and have a passion for collaborating within a multidisciplinary team
- You have a soft spot for the end-user-advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do.
- Experience utilizing market and consumer user experience research trends and patterns to inform design concepts. Your designs are data-informed and are able to measure their impact.
- Experience in working with external agencies (ie. video production, photography)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
This job post will expire on 4/8/2021 at 12am EST.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Senior Marketing Content Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Marketing Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Visual/Brand Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Design Director, Product Marketing||UX and Design||Americas|
|Creative Director, Growth||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Manager, Themes (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|UX Manager, Cross-Border Transactions (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||United States|
|Staff Product Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Content Designer, Shipping||UX and Design||Americas|