About the role
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform that empowers entrepreneurs all around the world to build and grow their businesses. Our engineering teams are building at scale and shaping the future of commerce.
We’re looking for dedicated and versatile software and full-stack developers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code. We ship on quality instead of on time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We’re talking hundreds of thousands of online stores, and hundreds of millions of requests a day. Thousands of merchants will see your work within seconds – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities across different teams in Toronto to learn and grow. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference, the support to bring your whole self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business.
- Building backend web services using several languages and frameworks (some tools we use include Ruby, UNIX commands, Go, Kafka, Python)
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming principles and fluency in at least one Object Oriented language
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (we mostly use MySQL)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, or the desire to learn it quickly
- A mindset for long-term solutions
- A love of your craft and a curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things
- Experience with basic web development (we mostly use React)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience building resilient, scalable services
- A history of contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
Closing date: November, 4th at 4PM EDT
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Production Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|
|Development Manager, Retail Channel||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Developer Acceleration Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Email Deliverability Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior Infrastructure Engineers||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Development Manager, Marketing Tools||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Web Foundation Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|