Senior Developer Advocate
The Developer Relations team works with 3rd party developers, – both new and existing – to build the best commerce experiences on top of Shopify. We are looking to hire a Senior Developer Advocate to lead a small team and work with developers, startups, and agencies to enhance the merchant experience on Shopify through novel apps and powerhouse platforms throughout the commerce landscape. You will be making strategic decisions about how we attract, nurture, and retain valuable relationships with partners that touch every aspect of Shopify.
You'll need to have:
- Knowledge of what APIs are, how they are used, and the benefits to companies of both implementing them and opening them up to developers
- Enthusiasm for third-party developer communities and what is made possible by a healthy ecosystem
- Patience and empathy for the developer experience, and desire to help them in any way we can to be successful on the Shopify platform
- Willingness to travel to conferences, meetups, and everywhere else developers hang out to talk about the opportunities available on Shopify
It'd be great if you had experience with:
- Leading a small team towards a goal, either inside or outside of a corporate environment
- Integrating with APIs at the software development or product level to create beautiful experiences
- Getting shit done in a partnerships capacity with other companies of various sizes
- Direct experience as a software developer where you used APIs to integrate two services
You'll be working on things like:
- Owning the relationships with our highest value partnerships and ensuring they provide the most value possible to both parties
- Working with our Developer Relations Lead to drive strategy for successful app partnerships
- Lead a team of Developer Advocates, guiding growth in their craft while ensuring alignment with the rest of the Shopify Apps Team
- Identifying opportunities for third-party developers by effectively communicating with various product teams across Shopify
- Ensuring a smooth, effective transition from developers signing up to develop for Shopify to being published in the Shopify App Store
Here's how to apply:
If you are interested in helping shape the future of commerce, please fill in your info below, address your application to Kimberly and attach your CV in PDF format.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Partnerships jobs are posted.