About the role
Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 800,000 stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops.
Finance’s mission is to help support Shopify’s growth over the long-term and ensure we achieve our objective of making commerce better for everyone. We are trusted advisors and growth partners to the business, always striving to learn, provide insights, solve complex problems and contribute positive impact. Finance also plays an important role at the strategic planning table and helps influence the future direction of Shopify. Our FP&A team is looking to add a Shopify Sr. Finance Manager to our FP&A team to provide financial planning, analysis, and decision support for a growing part of our business Shopify Capital.
Shopify Capital helps entrepreneurs obtain the funds they need to grow their businesses. We are looking for someone that can apply their Financial expertise to support this important and growing product. If you are seasoned at working in a rapidly scaling environment, and enjoy working within a high performing team then tell us how your experience makes you a great fit for our team.
Here's what you'll need:
- Leadership and management experience within a high growth environment, building leading and managing a team
- Experience with financial service products and the payments or lending industry
- Strong technical understanding of financial concepts relevant to managing a lending product portfolio
- Seasoned at working in both a strategic and operational capacity to lead/partner on Shopify Capital’s strategy and execution of business objectives.
- Ability to effectively partner with stakeholders across Shopify including Commercial, Operations, Data and Finance to analyze and report on the financial impact of decisions
- Expertise in creating meaningful analyses for new products, operational improvements and cost improvements.
- Seasoned at preparing monthly/quarterly financial variance analysis, Investment Planning, P&L forecasts and proven capability to prepare and present financial results.
- Proven ability to recommend, influence, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide business units to improve competitive positioning and profitability.
- Strong financial modeling skills including expert proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets and significant experience in other data analysis tools, Tableau and/or Mode
- Professional designation (CFA, CA, CMA, CGA, or CPA) or MBA
You'll be working on things like:
- Leading efforts with our product teams to gain a deep understanding of new and existing products to providing performance forecasts as well as KPIs to track product performance
- Working with Shopify business leaders to support the development of annual investment plan, monthly forecasts and review of business performance
- Conducting proactive industry, capital markets, and product research to support strategic decisions and analysis
- Owning and supporting the preparation of presentations and analysis used for Senior Leadership reviews
- Communicating performance throughout the team organization, including providing guidance and actionable recommendations
- Partnering with our Commercial and Legal teams to review business development contracts, evaluate pricing and terms and provide recommendations to senior leadership
- Assisting with forward-thinking special projects and analyses, as required
We know looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Giang LeGrice is a real live person (👋) and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application. Don’t forget to include a cover letter, we love a good story!
Please note that applications will close on September 30, 2019 at 9am EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Finance Manager - Merchant Support (based in Ottawa)||Legal and Finance||Toronto, Canada|
|Fulfillment Finance Manager, FP&A (based in Ottawa)||Legal and Finance||Toronto, Canada|
|Choose your own Trust & Safety Adventure! (Ottawa, Toronto or Remote)||Legal and Finance||Toronto, Canada|
|Software Engineer, Innovation (Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal or Waterloo)||Legal and Finance||Toronto, Canada|